Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Confirmed

The stated, official capacity at C-I high school is 1,698.

I've been told that a "true" seating capacity is usually a little less than the stated figure. Our Maker didn't make us all the same size. And then there's folks like me who bring 18 different electronic gadgets that take up their own space.

The biggest "paid" attendance for a Section 5A title game (boys) since C-I started hosting that game was 878 paid fans in 2011. That was the first year Upsala (boys) won a section crown and first advanced to the state tournament.

Other paid attendance figures at C-I high school in recent years (boys 5A final games) were:
638 - 2013
576 - 2012
577- 2010

And yet more numbers. For the 2011 boys basketball 6A playoffs at UM-Morris, paid attendance at the quarterfinals was 1,066....semis was 1,046...and 998 in the championship game.

For the Section 6A final at Concordia-Moorhead's Memorial Auditorium in 2012, paid attendance was 952.

Paid attendance does not include pass-holding fans or bands.

Back to my original thought: if we all fit in the C-I gym, I'll cool off. The drive will hurt attendance, which again, makes no sense to put the game in a spot where paid $$$$$ attendance will suffer.