A neat event with fun for the whole family...
8:00 - 11:00: Chris Cakes 'Flying Pancake Breakfast' (Cafeteria) - tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door.
10:00 - 5:00: Cotton Candy, Kettle Corn, & More (Lobby Area Near the Large Gymnasium)
11:30 - 5:00: Concessions (Pizza, Fountain Soda, possibly more) (Cafeteria)
8:00 - 1:00: Rainbow Rider Round Trip Shuttles (2) running simultaneously between Glenwood, Starbuck, & MAHS
* Glenwood Stops Include: GRV. Good Samaritan, Glenwood Estates, Park View Court, Glenhaven Manner, & Toms
* Starbuck Stops include: Minnewaska Lutheran Home, Senior Apartments, Fron Lutheran Church, & Toms ~ final locations may be adjusted for the general pick-up(s).
10:00 - 4:00: Kingdom Kids Christian Preschool & Child Care will be offering FREE daycare for children (Infant – PreK) while parents visit the Expo area. Limited spots are available, offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and as openings arise throughout the day.
Glacial Ridge Health System Specialists:
9:30 -10:15: Breast Cancer & What You Want to Know with Rodger Althoff, M.D., F.A.C.S.
* Register for a FREE screening mammogram compliments of Glacial Ridge Health System
10:30 -11: 15: Smart Food Shopping for Diabetes with Karen Marschel RD, LD, CDE, CLT
11:30 -12:15: Non-Surgical Weight Loss - A Path to a Better You with Robert Montenegro, M.D., ABBM
1:30 -2: 15: Smart Food Shopping for Diabetes with Karen Marschel RD, LD, CDE, CLT
2:30 -3:15: Non-Surgical Weight Loss - A Path to a Better You with Robert Montenegro, M.D., ABBM
* (Presenters may switch times amongst these two groups for final line-up)
8:30 - 9:15: Minnesota GreenCorps
9:30 - 10:15: Minnesota GreenCorps
10:30 - 11:15: Master Gardeners
11:30 - 12:15: Master Gardeners
1:30 - 2:15: Master Gardeners
2:30 - 3:15: Minnesota GreenCorps
3:30 - 4:15: Minnesota GreenCorps
Topics to be covered:
* Propagation (Root Cuttings)
* Germination Testing
* Making Seed Tapes
Minnesota GreenCorps with a Special Appearance by the Minnesota Clean Energy Resource Teams:
Topics to be covered:
* Air Quality
* Waste Reduction: Recycling
* Waste Reduction: Composting
* Energy Conservation
* Community Outreach
* Demonstrations: Making home-made laundry soap
FREE Community Expo Kids Day Activities:
10:00 - 4:00
* Bouncy House (Ages 7 & Under) Sponsored by Glenwood Fleet Supply
* Defender Dome Dodge Ball by Game World
* Game World: Sports Challenge by Game World
* Jurassic Survivor Obstacle Course Game World by Game World
* Speed Pitch Sponsored by the Alexandria Beetles
* Face painting by Kingdom Kids, Sue Fossen, and MAHS student volunteers
* Temporary Air Brush Tattoos by Shelia Hemming
* Balloon Animals
Just for Kixx Dance Performances:
10:20 - 10:25: Wee Petites (Grades K-1)
11:20 - 11:25: Wee Kix (Grades 2-3)
12:20 - 12:25: Mini Jazz (Grades 3-6)
1:20 - 1:25: Mini Kix (Grades 4-6)
2:20 - 2:25: Jr/Sr Kix (Grades 7-12)
3:20 - 3:25: Jr/Sr Jazz (Grades 7-12)
4:50 - 4:55: Tiny Kix (Ages 3-5)
Main Stage Drawings, Performances, & Shows:
CASH DRAWINGS held at 10:25 * 11:25 * 12:25 * 1:25 * 2:25 * 3:25 * 5:00
* Each cash drawing will be for $50 except for the 5:00 drawing which will be for $100
* Winners present at the time of the drawing DOUBLE THEIR PRIZE!
12:30 - 1:15: Misfits of Magic Stage Performance
3:30 - 3:45: Sneak Peak Performance for MAHS "Beauty & the Beast"
* Left message for Gordy Moeller to see if he/cast members are interested in a sneak peak performance....
4:00 - 4: 45: Special Occasions Style & Fashion Show by Touch of Class
Labels: Pope County MN